The hub ignores changes in preview

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor II

I made an aerial photography page for one site and the banner only shows up when editing, and not when published

ThomasGoodridge_0-1713448018190.png

ThomasGoodridge_1-1713448167724.png

In another site, when I click the home tab, everything reverts to an older state

ThomasGoodridge_2-1713448370012.png

ThomasGoodridge_3-1713448411649.png

This then undoes all the other pages, too

ThomasGoodridge_4-1713448483043.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Is it possible you aren't the only person editing the page? If someone else had a older copy of the site open in their browser and clicked save, they'd be over-writing your changes. (I inadvertently did that to a colleague once; I felt so bad.)

If you are the only one editing and the following steps do not work for you, I would open a Support issue.

1. Change banner image in layout editor
2. Save changes
2. Preview draft (confirm it is to your liking or share with others for review)
3. Return to editor
4. Publish draft
5. See banner updated on published (live) site

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor II

So the actual problem turned out to be that I thought I the publish button published the whole site, turns out it just publishes the page your currently on

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThomasGoodridge,

It might be that your browser is caching the layout. You could try clearing the cache for your browser or opening the published site a private browsing window to see if the problem persists.

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor II

Other people are seeing the same things on there computer, too

0 Kudos
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Is it possible you aren't the only person editing the page? If someone else had a older copy of the site open in their browser and clicked save, they'd be over-writing your changes. (I inadvertently did that to a colleague once; I felt so bad.)

If you are the only one editing and the following steps do not work for you, I would open a Support issue.

1. Change banner image in layout editor
2. Save changes
2. Preview draft (confirm it is to your liking or share with others for review)
3. Return to editor
4. Publish draft
5. See banner updated on published (live) site

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor II

Those steps worked, thank you!

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor II

So the actual problem turned out to be that I thought I the publish button published the whole site, turns out it just publishes the page your currently on

0 Kudos