Select to view content in your preferred language

Mobile Map flashing on feature click.

04-25-2024 12:55 PM
TheBlueBuffalo
New Contributor

image at click.JPGimage after click.JPGafter click has new data.JPG

Hello everyone!

I'm encountering an unusual issue and haven't been able to find any information on it. We've developed a web service that functions well on desktops. However, on mobile devices, there's a brief white flash when clicking a feature, just before it highlights  the feature and updates the pop-up. I'm not sure what's causing this and would appreciate any insights on how to prevent it.Video Demonstration is attached below.

Thank You!

4 Replies
KamilNovák
New Contributor III

Hello,

we have the same problem. We are solving it with our local Esri distributor now. But I think it's a problem directly with last two version of ArcGIS Maps SDK for JS. Last version without this behaviour is 4.27. Try to downgrade to 4.27 (if you can) and the problem should be solved.

And we are only seeing this issue on specific mobile devices, for example Asus Zenfone 8.

JakubLobodecki
New Contributor

Hi!
I have the same (or even worse) problem.
In my app, the map disappears entirely on the specific zoom level.

It appears only on chromium-based web browsers (Chrome and Brave tested). Firefox is working fine.
I confirm that the issue shows up only on some devices.

It is also visible in esrii provided samples - for example:
https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/visualization-vv-color-animate/

I suspect it can be related to the number of features displayed simultaneously.

In the attachment, one more video illustrates the issue.

KamilNovák
New Contributor III

I can confirm @JakubLobodecki information about Firefox. Our testing also shows that Firefox is working fine.

We also have had some information that the problem can be associated with the number of layers in the webmap. But our testing doesn't confirm that. We tested it with simple webmap with one layer and there is the same problem.

MeganWheatley
New Contributor III

I am dealing with the same issue on one of my experience builders for mobile. 

If you have anything let me know. I am working on trying to figure out a solution to this issue with the map disappearing at a certain zoom level.
Here is my original post