Extract Data Spaital Analysis Service - Error

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
jjgarrett0
New Contributor II

I'm trying to utilize the Extract Data spatial analysis service using the Job class from the arcgis-rest-request JS library (https://developers.arcgis.com/arcgis-rest-js/api-reference/arcgis-rest-request/). I am submitting a featureset to the endpoint and am able to get back the job ID like I would expect, however the job fails each time with the following error => 

• esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Submitted.
  • esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Executing...
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: {"messageCode": "AO_100289", "message": "Environment connection error. Contact Esri Support Services."}
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: {"messageCode": "AO_100026", "message": "ExtractData failed."}
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: Failed to execute (ExtractData).
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: Failed.

I'm not sure if something might be wrong with my request or if there is something wrong with our instance/setup of ArcGIS server. I can't seem to find any information related to this error so that is why I am posting this question. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on? 

Background info:

I am calling the Extract Data service on our ArcGIS Server that is hosted on our companies domain and is only accessible when connected to the VPN. The spatial analysis tools are started and running. I am able to get a response with job id from the initial SubmitJob request. Below is a snippet of the code I am using to request the Extract Data Job:

const req = await Job.submitJob({
        url: 'https://<our arcgis server>/arcgis/rest/services/System/SpatialAnalysisTools/GPServer/ExtractData/submitJob',
        params: {
            inputLayers: [{featureSet: featureSet}],
            dataFormat: "KML",
            outputName: {
                itemProperties: {
                    title: "TEST",
                    tags: "",
                    snippet: "",
                    description: ""
                }
            },
            f: "json"
        },
    });

req.on(JOB_STATUSES.Status, (info) => {
        console.log(info);
    });
    const jobReq = await req.getAllResults();
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jjgarrett0
New Contributor II

After talking with ESRI Support, it turns out that you need to have a full enterprise installation and not just a stand alone ArcGIS Server. Since we don't have a full installation I am not able to utilize the Spatial Analysis tools. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jjgarrett0
New Contributor II

After talking with ESRI Support, it turns out that you need to have a full enterprise installation and not just a stand alone ArcGIS Server. Since we don't have a full installation I am not able to utilize the Spatial Analysis tools. 

0 Kudos