deploying ESRI solutions on Enterprise GDB

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
dsinha
by
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have deployed couple of solutions (Citizen Problem Reporter, Lead Service Line) on our Enterprise Portal. Since both contain private information and could potentially contain voluminous data, I was wondering if it was possible to deploy these solutions (and others) on our on-site Enterprise GDB. I have scoured the web looking for an answer and have not found anything. Which possibly means that its not possible?

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @dsinha, It is not possible to deploy feature layers included with solutions to your Enterprise GDB. We are only able to create hosted feature layers in both Online and Enterprise when deploying an ArcGIS Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @dsinha, It is not possible to deploy feature layers included with solutions to your Enterprise GDB. We are only able to create hosted feature layers in both Online and Enterprise when deploying an ArcGIS Solution.

dsinha
by
New Contributor II

Hi @ChrisFox , thanks for your reply. I have a follow-up question: Are there any qualitative difference between deploying the solution on Enterprise vs. AGO?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@dsinha, you will find that we have less solutions available in Enterprise vs AGO which is often due to capabilities that are missing or not yet available in Enterprise. However, for solutions that are available in both Enterprise and AGO there is really no different in the capabilities they offer.

I would just consider for some of your solutions intended for the public like Citizen Problem Reporter that by hosting in your own Enterprise it needs to be publicly accessible and down time will impact the user experience for your residents.