Survey123 form won't return back to Field Maps after the user submits

Jump to solution
a month ago
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hello-

I have several buttons that open up Survey123 Connect forms in Field Maps.  When a user clicks on it, the Survey123 form opens, user inputs data, and after the user submits, the user is taken back to Field Maps. 

However, for one of my Survey123 forms, it is sending the user to a My Survey123 page with with icons of all the surveys.  I don't understand why it no longer goes back to Field Maps after the form is submitted. I have reviewed the code and it appears to be the same I am using in the other forms. This form used to go back to Field Maps after submittal. I am not sure what is going on. I was hoping someone else with fresh eyes may see what is wrong with my URL or maybe knows why else my form is not returning to Field Maps.

This is my code:  <a style="background-color:#5be050;border-radius:11px;color:#1d2ee2;display:inline-block;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:20px;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;" href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=3ddc06792d5b4a3691479049329948fe&amp;field:QuadInsp_GUID={GlobalID}&amp;field:TransectQuadLocation={QuadLocation}&amp;field:TreatmentTypeInt={ParentTreatmentType}&amp;field:TransectInt={TransectNumber}&amp;field:HM0_Meters={HM0_Meters}&amp;field: Rip_Meters={Rip_Meters}&amp;callback=https%3A%2F%2Ffieldmaps.arcgis.app" target="_blank"><strong>Record Transect</strong></a>

Would this be an issue in the option settings of the form. I am using an offline map in Field Maps so I used Enable Inbox. Is this causing the issue, though, I switched the settings to Enable sent folder and I am still have the same problem. 

Thank you for assistance!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like you have encoding in there.  I personally have never had to encode and it works just fine from Field Maps.

Also I do not generate the URL in Arcade I add it as a URL in the popup.  Instead you can generate parts of the URL if there is any Arcade you have to pull.  I am also not using any style tags.  That may be it.  You can just style it in the popup then add the link.

Here is a sample of mine that works.

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=880889c6fb51fac1f1dc&field:PointID={PointID}&field:EvaluationID={expression/expr0}&field:Project={Project}&callback=https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like you have encoding in there.  I personally have never had to encode and it works just fine from Field Maps.

Also I do not generate the URL in Arcade I add it as a URL in the popup.  Instead you can generate parts of the URL if there is any Arcade you have to pull.  I am also not using any style tags.  That may be it.  You can just style it in the popup then add the link.

Here is a sample of mine that works.

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=880889c6fb51fac1f1dc&field:PointID={PointID}&field:EvaluationID={expression/expr0}&field:Project={Project}&callback=https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi - My code has style tags etc. in it since it is code for a button in the pop-up under Text Content. The code is to create a button in the popup that users can use instead of just a link.  I have been using this app for awhile and the form has always returned to field maps after being submitted. I recently added a third field to populate info on the survey form from the parent table and now it won't go back to field maps...I don't see the connection.   My app is set up to use the buttons instead of links (with the link being inside the button).  

ChristineTombleson1_0-1715706317557.jpeg

ChristineTombleson1_2-1715707345914.png

ChristineTombleson1_3-1715707404466.png

ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

I redid the code and saved...it is now going back to Field Maps...I am not sure what the issue was but thank you for taking the time to respond