Identify tool in Pro 3.1

Jump to solution
11-10-2023 01:53 PM
DougWolfinger2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am taking Udemy's Learning the Basics of ArcGIS for Hydrology. The instructor uses ArcMap and is using the Identify tool to match stream pixels to catchment pixels in the watershed layer he made (see below). I have searched far and wide for the Identify tool in Pro 3.1 but cannot find it. I might be able to get by using the Watershed's attribute table, but my watershed raster has no attribute table. How can I replicate in Pro what he is doing in ArcMap? Thank you.

catchment identity2.PNGcatchment identity3.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CyndyJBresloff
New Contributor II

There is no tool - the capability is there, though.  If I am understanding you correctly:  When in map view (top of ribbon) select 'explore' in navigation, and .. just click on the map where you want to know values of layers at that position.  A pop up should appear, with the values you need.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CyndyJBresloff
New Contributor II

There is no tool - the capability is there, though.  If I am understanding you correctly:  When in map view (top of ribbon) select 'explore' in navigation, and .. just click on the map where you want to know values of layers at that position.  A pop up should appear, with the values you need.  

DougWolfinger2
New Contributor III

Yes, I saw that in another old thread. But when I tried it, I was getting the watershed border polygon values because it was turned on and above the other layers in the TOC. Now I see it needs to be turned off. And the instructor made the same mistake (had the watershed boundary layer turned on) until turning it off at 3:45 in the video. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

If you click on the dropdown below the Explore button you can select which layer you would like data return - the one selected in Contents. I use this all the time to restrict what is returned.