CHANGE OF CODES TO DESCRIPTION VALUES IN FME

Jump to solution
02-07-2024 11:57 PM
RomuldKiobya
New Contributor III

I'm working with Electric ArcGIS Utility Network. I got the problem when I pull data from ArcGIS Enterprise feature service or File Geodatabase to workbench. I expect attribute table at FME workbench to display values of Assetgroup or Assettype but it displays codes. 

I need help from anyone here to support how those codes from domain and subtype will change. instead of table to display 38, should display Medium Voltage Transformer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this through several parameters on your reader (Working with Geodatabase Domains: Writing A Coded Domain (safe.com)). Asset Groups are actually subtypes, so if you make your reader resolve subtypes you will see both the code and the description. Likewise, Asset Types are represented as coded value domains on the asset type field, so if you set your reader to resolve domains you will see both the code and the description.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this through several parameters on your reader (Working with Geodatabase Domains: Writing A Coded Domain (safe.com)). Asset Groups are actually subtypes, so if you make your reader resolve subtypes you will see both the code and the description. Likewise, Asset Types are represented as coded value domains on the asset type field, so if you set your reader to resolve domains you will see both the code and the description.