Uncalibrated image centers - Incomplete orthomosaic

12-21-2023 06:10 AM
RajendraSishodia
New Contributor

Hello

While processing my drone images to prepare an orthomosaic, I am getting several Uncalibrated image centers as shown in the image below, red dots, which is resulting in an incomplete orthomosaic as shown in the background. I have tried several different options for processing including varying Tie Point Options - Initial Image Scale/Refine Adjustment/Matching Neighborhood. Each provided different numbers of uncalibrated points but never a complete ortho image with no uncalibrated image centers. I also tried the fix image locations for high accuracy GPS but that also didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated - i am new to drones and the D2M software.

We were able to get a complete ortho with another drone image processing software so i am assuming this has to do something with the processing options selected?

RajendraSishodia_0-1703167293887.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @RajendraSishodia ,

Based off your testing already with the various processing options and still not finding any success I think it would be best if I got a copy of the imagery to test on my end. Please let me know if you are able to share it out and I can get a shared folder going. You can email me directly if you would prefer: mbarker@esri.com

Thank you,

Mark

AllixNorth
New Contributor II

Good afternoon @MarkBarker1 ,

Were you able to resolve the original contributors issue? I am having the exact same issue with one of my projects. I have made changes (many iterations with adjustments) to dense matching, project resolution, image orientation, all aspects of tie point options, and even camera calibration. The imagery was also processed with another cloud based software and produced a complete product. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Best,

Allix

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @AllixNorth , 

No, I didn't receive any imagery from the original poster. If you are open to sharing your flight imagery feel free to email me and I can setup a shared folder: mbarker@esri.com

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Have seen troubles in forested areas with generating "true ortho' (ArcGIS Reality) vs more traditional ortho (which may be processed in ArcGIS Pro). Might be your.only option with D2M is 'more overlap' and/or combine vertical and oblique images. Looking forward to the findings of @MarkBarker1 

0 Kudos