UE5 arcgis location component issues

Jump to solution
10-26-2023 03:26 AM
Brucaliffo
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm having some problems with this component. I would like to move an actor or move my pawn to a certain position on the map (latitude and longitude). It seems that the solution to adopt is to use this component.

so I created an object with the right component

Brucaliffo_0-1698315899521.png

and now I would like to move it

Cattura.PNG

but by doing this the editor crashes giving me this error:

KERNELBASE
VCRUNTIME140
UnrealEditor_ArcGISMapsSDK!Esri::Unreal::ThrowException() [C:\Users\Utente\Documents\Unreal Projects\arcGIS\Plugins\ArcGISMapsSDK\Source\ArcGISMapsSDK\Private\API\Unreal\ArcGISErrorHandler_API.cpp:30]
runtimecore
runtimecore
runtimecore
VCRUNTIME140_1
VCRUNTIME140_1
ntdll
runtimecore
UnrealEditor_ArcGISMapsSDK!Esri::GameEngine::Geometry::ArcGISSpatialReference::GetWKID() [C:\Users\Utente\Documents\Unreal Projects\arcGIS\Plugins\ArcGISMapsSDK\Source\ArcGISMapsSDK\Private\API\GameEngine\Geometry\ArcGISSpatialReference_API.cpp:198]
UnrealEditor_ArcGISMapsSDK!FGeoPosition::FGeoPosition() [C:\Users\Utente\Documents\Unreal Projects\arcGIS\Plugins\ArcGISMapsSDK\Source\ArcGISMapsSDK\Private\Utils\GeoCoord\GeoPosition.cpp:81]
UnrealEditor_ArcGISMapsSDK!UArcGISLocationComponent::SetPosition() [C:\Users\Utente\Documents\Unreal Projects\arcGIS\Plugins\ArcGISMapsSDK\Source\ArcGISMapsSDK\Private\Components\ArcGISLocationComponent.cpp:136]
UnrealEditor_ArcGISMapsSDK!UArcGISLocationComponent::execSetPosition() [C:\Users\Utente\Documents\Unreal Projects\arcGIS\Plugins\ArcGISMapsSDK\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Inc\ArcGISMapsSDK\UHT\ArcGISLocationComponent.gen.cpp:82]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_VaRest!UVaRestSubsystem::OnCallComplete() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRest\Private\VaRestSubsystem.cpp:73]
UnrealEditor_VaRest!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UVaRestSubsystem,void __cdecl(UVaRestRequestJSON *),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() [D:\RocketSync\5.2.0-25360045+++UE5+Release-5.2\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:552]
UnrealEditor_VaRest!TMulticastDelegate<void __cdecl(UVaRestRequestJSON *),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Broadcast() [D:\RocketSync\5.2.0-25360045+++UE5+Release-5.2\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateSignatureImpl.inl:988]
UnrealEditor_VaRest!UVaRestRequestJSON::OnProcessRequestComplete() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRest\Private\VaRestRequestJSON.cpp:576]
UnrealEditor_VaRest!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UVaRestRequestJSON,void __cdecl(TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,1>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() [D:\RocketSync\5.2.0-25360045+++UE5+Release-5.2\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:550]

I don't understand if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a problem

😞

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi!

The last line of the call stack appears to be calling GetWKID() which would be for the spatial reference. In your Blueprint it doesn't look like you're creating the geometry with a spatial reference - try adding that (ArcGISPoint | ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine | ArcGIS Developers).

Ideally you'd get a nice exception message and the Editor wouldn't crash - something for us to look into.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi!

The last line of the call stack appears to be calling GetWKID() which would be for the spatial reference. In your Blueprint it doesn't look like you're creating the geometry with a spatial reference - try adding that (ArcGISPoint | ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine | ArcGIS Developers).

Ideally you'd get a nice exception message and the Editor wouldn't crash - something for us to look into.

Thanks

Brucaliffo
New Contributor

Yes you right, I just discover it some minutes ago, now it works. Thanks mate

Maybe runtime error is not the best approch in my opinion 🙂

Brucaliffo_0-1698335376604.png

0 Kudos