License File

2 weeks ago
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

Hi Community;    How does one get a Named User License File (.lic) for a single user ArcGIS Pro license? I am needing to run Pro on a machine without access to the internet. Without the internet, I get a message from License Manager that, yes, the internet is not available and then there is the option for specifying from a license file on the machine. I've searched My.Esri for a clue and haven't seen anything obvious. Thanks forany input.

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

If you mean how to work offline, see this:

0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

Hi Barry;  Thanks for replying. Part of the issue is how to work offline after the internet is no longer available. In calling up Pro, I am being asked for a physical .lic file located on the machine somewhere. What I need to do is get this file from ESRI for the single user license that I have and is on record in my.esri.com.   I was hoping to get it downloaded via another machine that does have internet access but does not have ArcGIS Pro installed. I just want the physical license plate and be able to copy it via thumb USB over to my computer that does have Pro, but no internet access. (Networker adaptor has crapped out and it will take days to get a new one). There must be a way.   Thanks;   Dave

0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

haha! That's physical license file not license plate!

0 Kudos