Symbology not showing correctly when I Share to Web

05-08-2023 07:47 AM
ShannonLunderville
New Contributor II

I have a web map created in ArcGIS Online, it WAS working fine. When I need to push new data up to it I do it via Pro (I'm at 3.1.1) and choose Overwrite Web Layer. Today when I pushed up my data and went to check the map (via the URL) the symbology has been completely downgraded. I've read others posts and have made sure to choose "use symbol types compatible with all clients". That didn't help. If I open the layer in AGOL in the latest Viewer it shows up fine. If I open it in Pro from AGOL, it shows up fine. If I open it in Classic Viewer, they are downgraded symbols. And if I open the URL of the web map, I get the downgraded symbols. My symbols are custom, but they are also very basic and are created from the stock ESRI symbols. I really don't want to have to blow away the layer in my map and re-customize everything. Does anyone have any insight on what is going wrong or what I missed? (I did already try the AGOL forum, the moderator told me to try posting in Pro)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

Hello, I am having similar issue, did you got a solution? Thank you

0 Kudos
ShannonLunderville
New Contributor II

Yes I did! In Pro, right click the layer you want to push up to AGOL and choose Sharing and Overwrite Web Layer. Follow the prompts to overwrite the file (or I suppose if you are not overwriting, then choose to upload it). BEFORE you hit the Publish button, use the Configuration tab at the top of that panel, then under that use the Configure Parameters tab (it is the righthand one of the two icons at the top). Check the box that says “Use symbol types compatible with all clients”. Then proceed with publishing the layer. This has worked for me for fixing the symbology loss.

0 Kudos
Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

Thank you for your prompt response. I followed your instructions and the issue still. Will make a post with details. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos