Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (3)
AlejandraRobles
New Contributor

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hey ya'll - working on an independent project using ArcGis Pro - and the data im using involved a one-to-many join that im trying to symbolize with graduated symbols.

I would like the symbology to reflect the number of times a County name is repeated, as it would reflect the number of times a record was taken in that county (ie: County A has 30 records/ 30 entries, while County B has 5 records/5 entries - so County A would have the larger point visually compared to B)

However, when trying multiple options in the Field dropdown (such as GEOID) - it does not reflect these counts accurately (For example - a value that has 3 records has the same size point on the map as a value that has 35 records). 

What would be the best way to go about this, if it is possible to do so? I haven't messed with setting an expression in the fields option for symbology (mostly due to inexperience with using it). I've included some screenshots of my attributes table and whats an example of the count of records I am trying to symbolize with each county.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlejandraRobles
New Contributor

Found my own answer -

Go to your attribute table of the desired shapefile, and then right click and select "Summarize". In the statistics field I selected the NAMESLAD and statistic type of "count"!

Clicking Okay after, open the stat table and join it to the map it related to - then you can open your symbology panel and symbolize correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlejandraRobles
New Contributor

Found my own answer -

Go to your attribute table of the desired shapefile, and then right click and select "Summarize". In the statistics field I selected the NAMESLAD and statistic type of "count"!

Clicking Okay after, open the stat table and join it to the map it related to - then you can open your symbology panel and symbolize correctly.

0 Kudos