Right-aligned Floating Action Pad Has Unwanted Space

Jump to solution
02-07-2024 04:58 PM
Labels (1)
ShannonDeArmond
Occasional Contributor

I have a calcite action pad that I would like to have a vertical alignment and be floating at the upper right side of the page. I am getting an unfortunate extra block of space along with the action pad, or the shell panel I have it nested in. Anyone know what I need to do to get rid of this? I tried playing with the expanded-max-width setting to no avail.

Here is a codepen that illustrates the problem:

https://codepen.io/sdearmondmaps/pen/gOEjNZw

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mac_And_Cheese
New Contributor II

In addition to the valid suggestion from @omar-marji, you could also use the Shell Panel css properties to control the width:

calcite-shell-panel {
    --calcite-shell-panel-min-width: 0;
    --calcite-shell-panel-width: auto;
    --calcite-shell-panel-max-width: auto;
}

Example in Codepen 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
omar-marji
New Contributor III

Hey,

You would have to add position="end" to your calcite-shell-panel and add slot="action-bar" to your calcite-action-pad like so

<calcite-shell-panel id="my-panel" slot="panel-end" display-mode="float" widthScale="s" position="end"> 
        <calcite-action-pad layout="vertical" widthScale="s" expand-disabled="true" slot="action-bar">

etc...

</calcite-action-pad>
</calcite-shell-panel>

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
ShannonDeArmond
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @omar-marji . That gets me most of the way there. The action-bar slot, though, anchors the tools to the edge of the window though instead of floating them on top of the map with a little bit of a buffer around it. (See screen shot.) In my full app, I already have a large action bar on the left side of the screen full of common tools. These 4 tools in the action bar I'm trying to highlight for the user as the most important. Seems like this is exactly what the action pad should do. I just can't get it to do it without trading the unsightly big grey space to the right of it versus just making it an action bar instead of an action pad.

0 Kudos
omar-marji
New Contributor III

I see what you mean.

In such a case, I think you might be better off creating a custom widget using the action pad itself and then positioning it to the top-right of the map view

view.ui.add(YOUR_CUSTOM_WIDGET_REFERENCE_HERE, {
  position: "top-right"
});

This should get you what you need I think. 

0 Kudos
Mac_And_Cheese
New Contributor II

In addition to the valid suggestion from @omar-marji, you could also use the Shell Panel css properties to control the width:

calcite-shell-panel {
    --calcite-shell-panel-min-width: 0;
    --calcite-shell-panel-width: auto;
    --calcite-shell-panel-max-width: auto;
}

Example in Codepen 

0 Kudos
ShannonDeArmond
Occasional Contributor

That's exactly what I needed @Mac_And_Cheese . Thanks to you both for the assist!

0 Kudos