Error editing ArcSDE data in ArcMAp

05-17-2011 09:14 PM
venkatasivarampatiballa
New Contributor
I have data in ArcSDE which I imported on the client site. For certain feature classes, the data in arcmap is getting viewed but not getting edited.
    I have unchecked the -Edit version of database with ability to undo and redo option in Versioning in Editing toolbar. It is failing to edit unversioned data. It is still giving the error " Could not edit any of maps layers. No data sources in map are registered as versioned or you lack privileges to modify data sources which are registered as versioned". So I registered as versioned the feature dataset, but it is still giving above error "Could not edit... which are registered as versioned".
Please suggest as it is urgent. I am using ArcSDE 9.3.1
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
ArcView cannot edit ArcSDE datasets.  You must have an ArcEditor or ArcInfo class seat of Desktop
to read/write access to ArcSDE.  If you have a licence available you can use Programs->ArcGIS->
Desktop Administrator to change your active Desktop license.

- V
0 Kudos
venkatasivarampatiballa
New Contributor
I am using ArcInfo license and I know about what you suggested. Any other suggestions
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
I'm sure you probably checked this...but did you make sure the user connecting to the data has been granted the privileges necessary to edit the data?  Are there tables that are related to the datasets you're trying to edit to which the user might also need to be granted privileges?

-Kim
0 Kudos