Issues with joining a table to a feature class

Jump to solution
a month ago
SaraHedrick1
New Contributor III

I have a table with a 'Region' field that a want to join to a Regions feature class. The regions feature class has one value for each region. I would like to join the regions table to the feature class so that there is a polygon for each associated region in the join. Since of values in the table could change, I need to be able to do this within the join. Has anyone had any luck doing something like this? I'd tried a few different things, but none provide the desired results. 

To clarify, if the table has three records for the Alaska region and I'd like to join it so that there is an Alaska polygon is associated with all three records.

SaraHedrick1_1-1712864548418.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

Make Query Table will do the trick here.  It's been a loooong time since I've used it, so if you need help with the input parameter values, I'll need to set up a test case.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

Make Query Table will do the trick here.  It's been a loooong time since I've used it, so if you need help with the input parameter values, I'll need to set up a test case.  

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

To add to Dales answer you probably want to export the data to make it permanent otherwise it only exists as temporary layer in the map.