Getting started with ArcGIS for Schools

Jump to solution
04-13-2023 01:02 PM
Labels (3)
BradRoost
New Contributor

I am developing an HS Earth Science course and want to include a unit on cartography.  I have signed up for ArcGIS for Schools, created an account, started adding "members", etc.  

However, it's unclear to me what resources there are for lessons I can use in the classroom. I found the GeoInquiries pages which are helpful, but it appears these are outside the ArcGIS for Schools program. 

Are there existing tutorials or lessons the students can access once they join the class?  I have seen mention of schools bundles.  How do I access them?  Where would I find layer data to add to a map?  

It feels like a got everything registered and set up as part of ArcGIS for schools and hit a dead end.  

I can access the basemaps, but how do I use this in my classroom aside from creating my own simple lessons?

Help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBaker
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brad.

There are several options but we often recommend new educators take a look at the Getting Started guide at: https://esriurl.com/gettingstartedforeducators. 

Also consider taking a look at Teach with GIS.

From there, you may explore content from Learn ArcGIS, Esri Training, or Esri Press.

I used to teach Earth and Life science. Feel free to drop me an email at :  tbaker @ esri.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBaker
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brad.

There are several options but we often recommend new educators take a look at the Getting Started guide at: https://esriurl.com/gettingstartedforeducators. 

Also consider taking a look at Teach with GIS.

From there, you may explore content from Learn ArcGIS, Esri Training, or Esri Press.

I used to teach Earth and Life science. Feel free to drop me an email at :  tbaker @ esri.com

0 Kudos
BradRoost
New Contributor

Tom, thank you so much.  That's a lot of links.  I will let you know if I have any questions as I go through the materials.

0 Kudos