One Solution CAD not recognizing polygon after converting shapefile. (Turns Black)

01-08-2024 01:33 PM
WyattGibson
New Contributor II

I'm attempting to update a response layer for our OneSolution CAD from Centralsquare, and half of my polygons have turned black for some reason and are not being recognized after the geofile conversion process. I've gone as far as to recreate the layer from scratch to be sure the topology and other parts were correct. So far I have a couple of weeks into this without any leads. Has anyone else come across this? Screenshot 2024-01-08 130118.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

If this is a new area you'll have to check the layer display settings in MapSet to include it.  To do so, in MapSet, add the layer to your map. Then, click OptionsLayer Display Settings.  

JoshSaad1_0-1704750529368.png

In the Layer Display Settings Window, click the Polygon tab, then click the Select button under Color Classify.

JoshSaad1_1-1704750602103.png

You can verify the colors here.  I usually click Apply Random Colors.

JoshSaad1_2-1704750710183.png

If that doesn't work, you might have to call Central Square support.  MapSet is so awful I usually have to anyway.

0 Kudos
WyattGibson
New Contributor II

Yeah, we already contacted Central Square. They said it was a problem on our end, and I've ran through about every option I have for modifying the data. This is one of our response driving layers, and the only layer having this issue. The CAD programming still recognizes that something should be there and pulls the run card, but you can't see the polygon. I'm not sure how far back this error goes because I found it during an audit.

JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

Yeah, I've had cases with them that have been open for years before finding a resolution.  It's bad enough their mapping platform came from the late 90's.  You might have to escalate the case to get any progress.

0 Kudos
WyattGibson
New Contributor II

Our I.T. Admin did that yesterday, so we're playing the waiting game as well.

0 Kudos