Problems/error while adding WFS layers (from Geoserver) in ArcGIS Online

2 weeks ago
robbiesailo
New Contributor
I have published several shapefile layers on my Geoserver account which I intend to use it on ArcGIS Online. I am facing issues/problems while adding them as a New Item in my ArcGIS Online Content. 
1. I clicked New Item in the Content section, selected the URL option and entered the WFS link of my Geoserver. The Type section is automatically set to "WFS (OGC". 
2. I click Next and this gives a list of WFS layers that I had published in my Geoserver account with an option (radio button) to choose which WFS layer I want to add. I select the layer to add by clicking on the radio button next to the layer I want to add.
3. Adding the first WFS layer in this list is possible. (Bulk adding of WFS layer is not possible, so have to repeat the steps of adding layers)
4. When I repeat the step of adding items like above, only the first item in the list gets added. The subsequent WFS layers in the list (even though I have selected to add) does not get saved, instead the First layer on the list gets saved.

For example: 
1) The first WFS layer in the list is Drainage. This gets added successfully. 
2) The next layer after Drainage is Land use. 
3) I select this Land use layer (clicking on the radio button next to the Land use layer) and click next. Give the WFS layer an Item name to add to ArcGIS online content, Descriptions, Tags, etc, and then Click Save
4) The WFS layer that I had just saved should the Land Use but when viewed in Map Viewer, it is actually the Drainage layer (which happens to be the first layer in the list of WFS while adding the content through URL option).

On the flip side, when I add the same WFS layer from within the Map Viewer -> Add layer from URL -> Enter the url link/address and select the specific WFS layer from the radio buttoned list, The specific layer that I choose gets added to the Map. 

In my opinion, I think this is a bug with ArcGIS Online and should be fixed if there is no work-around for it. 
Or If there was something that I missed during the process, please let me know. 

Your support and guidance would be of much help as I intend to use Geoserver and WFS services for database storage/service and ArcGIS Online as the front-end application. 

Robert Sailo
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bbollin
Esri Contributor

hi @robbiesailo, can you please send me the WFS you are working with?

0 Kudos
robbiesailo
New Contributor

https://office.sailogeosolutions.in/geoserver/JVT/wfs

My Server is online during the office working hours in India, So if you get any connection error other that what I have raised here, that means my server must be switched off

0 Kudos