Review Sharing dialog always appearing in Map Viewer when saving

Jump to solution
10-11-2023 01:00 PM
PeterDalrymple
Occasional Contributor

When saving a web map in Map Viewer, the Review sharing dialog always appears saying that my layers will have their sharing updated and providing the following message: "Click Update Sharing to synchronize sharing of the items that you have permission to update. Some items may not be visible to others because they are shared differently or require a subscription to view."

Every layer in the map, service definition and web style is shared with the group in which the web map is shared even though I'm pretty sure only the layers need to be shared. 

Has anyone run into this before? Is this expected behavior? How might one prevent this dialog from appearing after every save operation? Lastly, is there a way to probe further to determine why this dialog keeps appearing?

Thanks!

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterDalrymple

There is bug where in certain circumstances the Review Sharing Layer dialogue appears- even when the layers and map are shared correctly. It should be fixed with the next update of ArcGIS Online later this fall. Keep an eye out for it in November, and if you continue to see this issue, feel free to reach out to tech support to log it. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterDalrymple

There is bug where in certain circumstances the Review Sharing Layer dialogue appears- even when the layers and map are shared correctly. It should be fixed with the next update of ArcGIS Online later this fall. Keep an eye out for it in November, and if you continue to see this issue, feel free to reach out to tech support to log it. Thanks! 

EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

Thank you for the update on this. I have been getting this message - especially on some older maps (> 1 year old). I will be making sure its fixed after the update! 

0 Kudos
PeterDalrymple
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @EmilyGeo! This is fixed after the November update and I am no longer having this issue with my web map.

0 Kudos
JacobTully1
New Contributor III

This still seems to be happening over on our side. I do agree it seems to coincide with maps/layers that we published early on. Any updates? Every layer in this map is available and shared with everyone in our org, and every save comes with a pop-up asking to update sharing, and nothing seems to happen on the backend. Next save, same popup. Any updates welcome. 

Sian_Doherty_GHD
New Contributor II

Still happening here too. Again from layer published prior to the 'fix' ine November. Also if you update the sharing, why does it continually happen everytime you save the map. Surely updating the sharing, means you shouldn't have to do it again and again.