Webmap symbology issue: features showing 0 available

Jump to solution
04-04-2024 01:26 PM
Goldendelicious
New Contributor II

This is hard to explain, but:

I'm building a webmap with one layer having unique symbology and a filter on the field I'm basing the symbology on. I set up the symbology as I want (size, color, etc) and change the legend display name and order. It looks fine, so I save. 

But, if I go out of the map and back in to do more edits, or refresh the map after saving, 2 of the unique values in  my symbology go to "0" available features, with those same features showing up in the "other" section of the symbology with feature counts available (so these 2 unique values are missing from the map). If I move these features in the other section up into what I want to actually show and save, the features show up. But, if I save and reload the page, this process repeats itself.

As long as I don't go back into the webmap, the symbology for the layer will stay how I last set it up but as soon as I go into the webmap again, this issue happens.

I've tried removing the layer from the map and re-adding but the problem persists. Has anyone seen this before, or have any insight into how to fix it?

I am using Enterprise Portal. Not sure of the version yet but will post when I get it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Goldendelicious
New Contributor II

So I fixed this issue - either there were special characters in the text field i.e:  [ ] < & -- or there were too many characters. That said, the text length was not longer than the field allows in Pro, but it might be a limitation when pushed online.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Goldendelicious
New Contributor II

So I fixed this issue - either there were special characters in the text field i.e:  [ ] < & -- or there were too many characters. That said, the text length was not longer than the field allows in Pro, but it might be a limitation when pushed online.

0 Kudos