Cannot Access Actions

Jump to solution
04-05-2024 10:39 AM
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey all,

Enterprise 11.2

I'm curious if anyone has attempted to use Workflow Manager for 11.2? I'm not able to see any actions for any of my jobs, even the introductory workflow does not have any actions. Anyone experience similar?

This is assigned to myself as well.

CodyPatterson_0-1712338775141.png

Cody

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SamWest1
Esri Contributor

Hi Cody,

This sounds like an issue with the WebSocket traffic between your client and the server. I'd recommend working with your IT folks to find where this is getting blocked with your infrastructure. It's worth checking the ports, web adaptors, and firewalls. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

As another update, I'll go ahead and mark your suggestion and a comment I make as a solution.

It turns out that the location was too ambiguous, and I need to make a change to allow for a distinction to be made within the reverse proxy, with both enabled, it looked for anything in the root of the proxy so /, instead, I needed to specify the server it was looking for with /server/ shown here:

CodyPatterson_0-1712762679682.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamWest1
Esri Contributor

Hi Cody,

This sounds like an issue with the WebSocket traffic between your client and the server. I'd recommend working with your IT folks to find where this is getting blocked with your infrastructure. It's worth checking the ports, web adaptors, and firewalls. 

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @SamWest1 

Thank you for the response, I did actually find a WebSocket issue, in the console, it will send random Notification requests out to the Workflow Manager, but that is it, I'm not entirely sure what these are requesting, but they could be the issue!

CodyPatterson_0-1712750177120.png

It seems to be adding the wss onto this http request:

CodyPatterson_1-1712750344858.png

A working request:

CodyPatterson_2-1712750426786.png

Reverse Proxy Setup:

CodyPatterson_3-1712750619609.png

Very curious what could be happening, as the web sockets are forwarded, the only difference is the https in notebooks, and http in the workflow.

Cody

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @SamWest1 

After doing some more investigation, you are completely right, it turns out that the RewriteRules are currently causing some issue. Apparently the order matters, and I cannot currently find a way to combine these, any chance you would have an idea?

Cody

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

As another update, I'll go ahead and mark your suggestion and a comment I make as a solution.

It turns out that the location was too ambiguous, and I need to make a change to allow for a distinction to be made within the reverse proxy, with both enabled, it looked for anything in the root of the proxy so /, instead, I needed to specify the server it was looking for with /server/ shown here:

CodyPatterson_0-1712762679682.png

0 Kudos