Kudo comments in ideas

07-20-2022 11:47 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

It would be helpful if we could kudo comments in ideas.

For example, I want to acknowledge a helpful comment in this idea:
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/improve-error-messaging-when-moving-fc-to-fd-fails/id...

The only way to do that is to add a new comment (with a tag). To me, commenting seems unnecessary; I don't need to spam everyone who subscribed to that idea with a new comment that says "@xyz Thanks!".

Could ideas be enhanced so that we can kudo comments in ideas?

Tags (3)
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Solved: Geonet: Where are the kudos icon for the comments ... - Esri Community

An idea was never posted on this topic

... sort of retired...
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

We need two options:

• To be able to “vote”
  • To be able to “like” a comment

“like” needs to be different from “vote”!

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for the request @Bud and @JamalNUMAN!

We can understand your point about why you’d want a feature like this, and how having a simpler option to signal alignment with a comment would be welcome.

For now at least, a Kudos for comments feature (or a separate “like” button) isn’t something we’re going to be introducing to Ideas boards. The format for Ideas boards intentionally excludes threaded comment Kudos since the purpose of a Kudos is different than it is for other boards like Questions or Blogs — each being a measurable vote for the Idea itself.

That’s not to say that we think this feature couldn’t be useful. When our team originally considered the Ideas board format, we weighed the very option you’re interested in against a priority of reducing any potential voting confusion. We want to ensure that all relevant votes are directed onto the Idea itself since that’s what our product teams measure, impacting which ideas are ultimately adopted.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
AndreaB_
Occasional Contributor II

@JesseCloutier 2024 - Can Esri reconsider this please? There are so many great comments on Ideas boards and I have no way to show the person I agree with and like their comment, besides making another comment and cluttering up the Idea itself. I've already "kudos" the original Idea years ago and I can't give it any more Kudos.

Or - how about every time a great comment is attached to an Idea, we have the ability to give the Idea another Kudos? (ha, bet that's not how you envisioned it).

I would like to hear an update from Esri on this.

DaraBurlo
Esri Community Manager

@JesseCloutier's comment is still valid. At this point, there aren't any plans to introduce this into ideas boards.

0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you

Having “like” and “vote” options is a good step forward to have better interaction on the ideas section

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos