There are a lot of resources out there to help with automating deployment of ArcGIS software across your enterprise. Even if you have a standalone setup, batch installs and uninstalls can help you get what you need on the desktop and what you don't removed.
We have collected a few links here in one place to help you effectively deploy ArcGIS.
- ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment (10.5.1/Pro 2.0 | 10.5/Pro 1.3 | 10.4/Pro 1.2 | 10.3.1/Pro | 10.2 | 10.1 | 10.0 | 9.3 )
- Enterprise deployment of the ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS Engine licenses—License Manager Guide | ArcGIS for Desktop
- Field Guide to Esri Licensing - GIS Wiki | The GIS Encyclopedia
- Installing ArcGIS Desktop silently—Help | ArcGIS Desktop (10.5)
- KB 28709 - Silently uninstall ArcGIS products
- MSDN: Standard Installer (msiexec) Command-Line Options (Windows)
- MSDN: Building an Installer Package (.msi) File
- Enterprise Deployment - Desktop Customization
- ArcGIS Desktop silent install script
- ArcGIS Pro silent install script (1.0 - 1.2)
- Using map templates—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop
- Packaging Python scripts—Sharing geoprocessing workflows | ArcGIS for Desktop
- PatchFinder.exe is a critical tool that reports all installed ArcGIS software. (This link gets the current version.)