Preview of the Abandon and Un-Abandon tools
The Water Utility Network Editing and Analyst solution includes a set of tools to Abandon and Un-Abandon utility assets. These scripts were created a long time ago and were due for an overhaul. In addition to a few bugs reported, there were several enhancements we wanted to incorporate into this rewrite. Below is a list of the changes you will find in this preview:
- The defaults set in the sample models have been migrated to the tools. The samples models have been removed.
- The toolbox has been converted to a python toolbox.
- A resolution to an issue were values the tool was applying values to a non-editable field.
- A resolution to an issue in which fields in the source or target that are marked as not visible are transferred when assets are abandon or unabandoned. (BUG-000101506)
- A resolution to an issue that the abandoning of an asset caused an invalid state in enterprise geodatabase. (BUG-000101534)
- An enhancement that provides better support for file geodatabases, versioned enterprise geodatabase and un-versioned enterprise geodatabases.
- An enhancement to the scripts to use ArcPy Data Access cursors.
As always, please first try these tools out on a development version of your database. These tools can perform edits outside an edit session.
For more information on how to use these or for a sample dataset to test them out, download our Water Utility Network Editing and Analyst solution. For details on how to use the tools, please review the Abandon a series of asset workflow topic and Abandon Tools help topic.