As we come into the final days of the United States election season, we thought we'd take a moment to explore the impact that GIS has had on past, present and future elections. So for this week's GeoNet Community discussion, let us know what you think...
- What has been the most significant impact that GIS has had on campaigning?
- How different would elections be without GIS?
- What are the future opportunities of using GIS to make better election and campaign decisions?
- What are some of your favorite election maps or uses of GIS during this year's or previous election seasons?
Here's a collection of links and info about election maps and GIS, and we invite you to share your thoughts and other links in the comments below. Thanks for sharing!
- ArcGIS Blog Post: Prepare for Election Web App Season with these Best Practices
- Elections | ArcGIS for Local Government
- Whereabouts and the Elections | Esri Insider
- Many Ways to Map Election Results
As a friendly community guidelines reminder, please keep your comments and the discussions focused on the tech and avoid posting any off-topic political comments. Any off-topic comments will be removed. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to your contributions.
Editor's Note: As we continue to evolve the Community experience, we've introduced this and other weekly featured discussion topics. We've enjoyed the collaborative conversations with you about GO, the Olympics, GIS Careers, and emergency response GIS applications and we welcome your feedback on these discussions. Let us know what you think and if you have an idea for a future discussion.