In the latest episode of Ten Questions For Esri, we answered questions and explored the new Esri Training site. One of the goals of the new training site is to promote and encourage lifelong learning. Taking a training course, joining a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) or participating in a GeoNet discussion are just some of the formal and informal ways we help you grow in your GIS knowledge. So for this week's GeoNet Community discussion, we’d like to hear what you think about lifelong learning? Here’s a few questions to get the conversation going.
- What does lifelong learning mean to you?
- How important has continued learning been throughout your GIS journey?
- What have been some of your most valuable, meaningful and memorable learning experiences?
- What learning resources do you use?
- How do you encourage others to keep learning?
Here's a collection of links and info about lifelong learning, and we invite you to share your thoughts and other links in the comments below. Thanks for sharing!
Editor's Note: As we continue to evolve the GeoNet Community experience, we've introduced this and other weekly featured discussion topics. We've enjoyed the collaborative conversations with you about PokeMon GO, the Olympics, GIS Careers, and emergency response GIS applications and we welcome your feedback on these discussions. Let us know what you think and if you have an idea for a future discussion.