Add Feature to Terrain SF_Type?

05-09-2011 11:56 AM
BrianCoward
New Contributor II
I'm working with a Terrain that I've generated using .las files and I'd like to add a Feature Class that I have in the same Feature Dataset to the terrain model.  The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get any of the SF_Type options to actually have any noticeable impact on the terrain or when I do add an FC it ruins the terrain.  I can get the softline or hardline to show up but this doesn't impact the terrain in any way... other than to show it.
The Feature classes that I'm trying to add are polygons that I've added an [Elevation] field of Double to.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
Brian
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianCoward
New Contributor II
A final image...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jakubsisak

Are you sure that the breaklines are 3D lines such as survey lines?

Have you considered using TIN instead? After adding a breakline to the TIN you can manually edit the terrain to remove artifacts with the TIN editing tools. This (among other things) cannot be done with the terrain dataset.
0 Kudos
BrianCoward
New Contributor II
jakubsisak,
Thanks for the reply.  I was finally able to get the fc's to show up in the Terrain.  I ended up clipping the fc's to the limits of the Terrain and I think that did it.  I was using polygon features with a field for the elevation... makes them a bit flat, since the entire poly is at one elevation, but it's good enough.
Brian
0 Kudos