arcglobe 10.1 show layer at all distances

11-13-2013 02:30 AM
PaulCote
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have been an arcglobe user for a long time, but this is my first time since version10.1.  It seems that the layer property, "Show Layer at All Distances" is now being ignored.  That is, whether I have the option checked or not, and no matter what I set as the maximum distance, these settings make no difference.  For a layer of buildings, the smaller ones begin to be weeded out of the display once you get above 500 meters or so.  I have tried playing with the units setting in the Globe Properties, and have also tried setting the max visibility distance by right-clicking on the layer, and toggling the option to consider tiles individually.  None of these seem to make any difference.  I have also tried rebooting and using different feature classes.  All of this worked as expected in previous versions of ArcGlobe.

Any advice? 

Thanks.  Paul Cote
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimBarnes
Occasional Contributor III
Just to check you have also set the scale in the 'Feature Properties' (the one where you set if the layer is 'city blocks' etc)?

I would also clear and then increase the size of your cache (Customise > ArcGlobe Options > Display cache), check 'Automatic LOD tuning' is turned off in the 'Level of Detail' tab and move your far clipping plane out (View > View Settings)
0 Kudos