City Engine does not generate all shapes

10-08-2014 01:04 AM
LisaStähli
New Contributor

Can anyone help us with the following problem (picture in attachment)?

We are trying to generate models from a layer called "Bodenbedeckung" (engl. ground cover). This layer contains the areas of streets we'd like to color and extrude (simple task). Until this week, the rules worked perfectly for generating models. As this week started, we had several problems, e.g. a few shapes (not always the same ones, random selection) would not be generated, while others do (c.f. picture: dark colored: models, light: shapes).

What's the problem here? We should finish a project within next week and our scenes do not work anymore... We really need help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

I don't remember experiencing anything similar.  Have you tried any of this?:

• checking that everything is on the correct layer
  • check that you're really generating the models for everything you want
  • check all your shapes are assigned the correct rule file and start rule
  • Inspect the model hierarchy for those that are not generating and compare it to those that are working
  • maybe try copying your data to a new workspace

Sorry if these are very simple suggestions - there's not much info to go on.

0 Kudos
LisaStähli
New Contributor

Thanks for trying to help me. We have already tried out all these steps, nothing else happend. We also scanned the basic layer, but they are correct in ArcCatalogue. We even changed the hardware and imported the project on another computer, into another workspace, copied the layer in the scene...

Fortunately we had a copy of the project from a former status that we could reconstruct. We are working on this project now... however, I find it very strange. Hopefully it does not happen again.

0 Kudos