Edit TIN does not update display

07-28-2011 02:45 AM
AxelJodry
New Contributor
Hi,

I created a TIN in ArcScene (Create TIN Tool) and created a personal symbology with an elevation exageration. Now I'm using the Edit TIN tool to add new data (contour lines) to this TIN, but the TIN doesn't updat within my ArcScene map. I have to delete the TIN and re-add it to my project to see the modifications. This means I have to recreate my personal symbology every time I add data to my TIN!

I tried to update the TIN (right-clic) and to close and open the map, but this doesn't help.

Can anybody help me out?
Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
To save the symbology, you can create a layer file (right click layer > Save as Layer File) for the original TIN.  Then when the updated TIN is added back to your document, import the symbology of the layer file from the TIN's symbology tab.
0 Kudos
AxelJodry
New Contributor
Thanks for the advice.
I was hoping that there was a method for updating the TIN directly, like the very similar Add features to TIN tool. This tool made part of the 3D Analyst toolbar, but was removed in version 10, by saying (correct me if I'm wrong) that geoprocessing tools are now easily integrated within projects.
Too bad that the geoprocessing tool is not as practical as the initial ArcScene tool...
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you seen the interactive TIN Editing Toolbar?  That should give you some of the updating you are desiring.  The functionality was shifted out of the 3d Analyst toolbar to this toolbar.  Bear in mind you should have the 3d Analyst Toolbar active and select the TIN that you want to edit in order to enable the Tin Editing Toolbar.
0 Kudos