Extrude between error - "A polygon part has no defined Zs."

10-31-2011 01:42 AM
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create some multipatches by extruding polygons between two tin's (extrude between). i have a collection of tin's and polygons, with some polygon-tin combination this works no problem but with others I get the following error message:

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
A polygon part has no defined zs.
Failed to execute (ExtrudeBetween).

I have tried to find out what this means but I can't find anything on this error ("no defined Zs"). I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but I can't seem to find the answer to this issue... Can anyone help me with this?
thanks a lot
Victor
Tags (1)
3 Replies
HenrySaddington
New Contributor

afraid I don't have an answer to this but I have encountered a very similar issue, i am just mapping out some different land uses using polygons and upon finishing drawing the boundary of my latest area I am presented with the error 'Failed to create (my layer) a polygon part has no defined zs.' 
really not sure why this is happening considering iv just created a good 50+ polygons within this layer already today. feel it is worth mentioning that I don't have the 3d package of arc pro so even more unsure why I am getting an error about this. 

posting this in the hopes of getting a resolution at some point 

0 Kudos
OznurGeze
New Contributor III

Hi

Did you have an update in this topic? I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
jmcewen_ddg
New Contributor III

Did you try creating a random polygon with 3 vertices (click-click-finish) to recreate the error? I did that and it was fine, then went back to tracing to create the new feature. I traced half the feature, then the other half with no errors and then merged the two.

Had same thing happen twice on a separate brand new FCs that I unchecked the Z-values box for when I created it. Went to trace a line to create polygon and got the error. Tried again and didn't work. Might have something to do with vertices/lines that coincide for the same feature when it is created. That's just speculation.

0 Kudos