Profile Graph not plotting M values properly

05-23-2012 04:44 AM
ClaireParsons1
New Contributor
I am trying to compare to TIN models along several cross section lines.
I have created section lines by interpolating Z values and then M values (linear referencing) for each section line.
One of the Tin Models is slightly smaller than the other - so therefore the profile line for this should start 15m after the profile line for the other TIN - however this doesn't seem to be the case when I create the profile.
i have checked the M values for each line and they are correct - does anyonehave any ideas as to why this is happening?

I've attached a picture to illustrate the problem.  The line shown in red should start 15metres after the blue line.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14552[/ATTACH]

PS - I've just had a look at the data in Graph Advanced Properties and the 'x' values do not match the M values, even though I have stipulated that these should be used as the 'x' value.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ClaireParsons1
New Contributor
OK - i have found a bit of a work around but it is hugely fustrating that I have to do this.
Are there any official ESRI guru's out there who can shed some light on this?

Work Around
- Create graph
- Right click on graph > Export > Data > text file
- open text file in Excel and alter the M values
- Open text file in ArcMap
- Re-create graph using text file with correct M values.
0 Kudos
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II
I am having the same issue. Is there no way to have the profile tool recognize the M value for the route and stack 2 profiles correctly?
0 Kudos
DonnWick
New Contributor
I have read somewhere that two profiles can be stack correctly, but I don't remind that particular tool. So, I'll let you know about it.

Click here for more details.
0 Kudos
MangeantBaptiste
New Contributor
I have read somewhere that two profiles can be stack correctly, but I don't remind that particular tool. So, I'll let you know about it.

Click here for more details.

Is that a joke ? You put the adress of a french website concerning properties : http://www.selogerneuf.com/immobilier/achat/ville/bien-maison !
0 Kudos