Raster Clip Not Working- Leaving rogue cells behind-

04-26-2012 09:05 AM
marieducharme
Occasional Contributor
Hello to you all out there!

I am using Raster Clip (in Data Management) to Clip a raster with a polygon feature class. The raster and the polygon are in the same projection/datum, and I have set my environment settings. I have used this tool successfully before, but am getting a strange output this time around. The clip works but there are a few places where pixels outside the polygon are part of the output.

I have attached a screenshot of the output. The outline is shown in pink around the raster...The cells that are outside are much darker (lower elevation)

I have tried different environment settings...adding the two layers to a new ArcMap session, rebooting.....  I am running out of ideas....hopefully someone has encountered this before has a suggestion.

Marishka
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GayathriAlallasundaram
New Contributor III
Hi,

This issue may be related to the bug NIM067762(The Clip tool gives an output image with pixels that are out of the polygon boundary.).However, this bug has been fixed in version 10 Service Pack 4. Please install 10SP4 and retry your test. Here is a link to install 10SP4,

http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPatch&PID=66&MetaID=1840

Also, you could use the Image Analysis window to clip your raster.

Navigate to ArcMap main menu > Windows > select image analysis from the drop down. This opens up the image analysis window, highlight the image in there and then also select the polygon shapefile from the table of contents and hit the clip button with the scissors symbol under Processing tab within the image analysis window.

This adds up a temporary clipped raster,  to make this a permanent raster, right click the clipped raster in the table of contents and select Data > Export Data.

Thank You,
Gayathri A.
0 Kudos