TIN connect nodes question

01-05-2016 05:50 AM
AdamKuch
New Contributor

I don't have a screen capture of this, but let's see if I can illustrate the problem.

I'm editing a TIN made from contours and spot shots. Sometimes I use the "connect nodes" tool from the TIN editing toolbar. I need help with the behavior of this tool.

Let's say I'm editing the TIN, and I want to connect node "A" to node "B", and node "C" to node "D". Sometimes it works fine as I click each node, A through D with connect nodes.

A---B

C---D

But sometimes, the tool behaves differently. I click each node, A through D, and a connection is also made between node "B" and "C", that I don't want.

A---B

/

/

C---D

If I click on a different tool, then back to connect nodes, I can avoid this unwanted third connection. But that gets a bit tedious. And sometimes, the tool works as I want it to, without the unwanted connection.

If I understood why the tool behaves differently in what appears to be identical situations, maybe I can compensate. But at this point, it seems random.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Hi Adam,

To commit the action of the tool you must click on the end node twice before moving on. Most of our editing tools that support similar editing processes work in this way. If you only click once and then click another node it will continue the edit. Hope this helps.