Copy Content Option Fails with Service Defintion Error

09-17-2018 03:22 AM
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to copy a Hosted Feature Service with the 'Full' option from one folder to another within the same AGOL account.  Note that the Feature Service has a number of relationship classes within it and some media attachments. 

However the operation fails with the error 'Failed - Check Console'.  Looking at the web console the errors are as follows:

Unable to add feature service definition.

Invalid definition for System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ESRI.ArcGIS.SDS.Metadata.LayerCoreInfo]

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I acknowledge this is an experiemental service, but is this type of copy operation possible with this product or is it not possible to copy across Features with relationships?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlakeBilbo
Occasional Contributor

Hello. 

If you're looking to migrate hosted content, either internally, or externally. I would take a look at the Cloning Workflow in the Pro Version of Admin Tools:

This tool will allow you to republish items (along with its dependencies configured) to the destination. We do have some documentation on cloning that i would also suggest you take a look at. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to us at admintools@geo-jobe.com.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Blake - we will certainly take a look at those offerings and be in touch with any follow up questions.

0 Kudos