Add a drop down to select from on Search Widget

06-06-2010 11:54 PM
jaymepeltz
New Contributor
Hi I am new to flex, I have added into my search widget the code that will allow a drop down list and also into the Enhanced Search Widget. for the normal search widget I just get the hanging timeclock and with the Enhanced Search Widget  I get an error extra characterless found after the end of program but as far as i can see there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. If someone was able to have a look at the codes attached and help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jayme
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jayme,

From initial glace the first issue is
<dropdown>African boxthorn, Prickly pear, Spear thistle, Aleppo pine</dropdown>

Should be

<dropdown>African boxthorn,Prickly pear,Spear thistle,Aleppo pine</dropdown>

Notice no spaces between commas.

I will keep digging if that is not it.
0 Kudos
jaymepeltz
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your time but still no luck

Jayme
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jayme,

You might need to run a "clean" from the project menu. I just took your code from the standard SearchWidget and got it to work. Also do you have a Photo and a Photo1 field?
0 Kudos
jaymepeltz
New Contributor
Thanks Robert,

I got that to work fine on the normal search widget but I would like to incorporate this into the Enhanced Search Widget, would you be able to help me out with this?
Also I would like to keep the text search as well for a Roads layer with an auto complete function when you start tying a road name. Am i better of having another Search Widget for this or can I have this function with the dropdown list all in the same Search Widget?
As for the photo field was I was hoping to do was have a popup photo in the live widget which is working fine. In the search widget id like have a hyperlink to the photo (which is a jpeg). I have the photos located on the IIS manager as a virtual directory the problem being when you click on the hyperlink it  goes to the page http://localhost/CommunityWeeds/Photo/ which is were all the photos are stored and not to the photo itself.

Thanks for all your help.

Jayme
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jayme,

So here is the Enhanced Search Widget v1.0.7 working with the drop down. I have NOT added the auto complete capability to the eSearchWidget and probably will not any time soon (just to busy). For your photo field I am a little unclear. What is an example of the data in the Photo1 field?
0 Kudos
jaymepeltz
New Contributor
Thanks for you time Robert your a Legend, don't worry about the Photo field I will work it out, if you get a chance one day when you get time to have a look at the auto complete function that would be great. If there is anyone else out there has has a auto complete function working in the search widget I would love to hear from you.

Cheers Jayme
GIS Project Officer
0 Kudos