Any one knows how to add space between icons?

12-23-2010 08:01 AM
GeorgiannaStrode
New Contributor
Trying to place some space between icons in the widget tray so that they could look more grouped. What I tried was to put a blank icon between those icons, and in the config.xml file, for the blank icon i leave config="" and url="". The problem with it is that when user click the blank icon, it keeps spinning.

Anyone has better idea on that? Either put space between icons or put fake icons that dont function would work for me. Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZahidChaudhry
Occasional Contributor III
Trying to place some space between icons in the widget tray so that they could look more grouped. What I tried was to put a blank icon between those icons, and in the config.xml file, for the blank icon i leave config="" and url="". The problem with it is that when user click the blank icon, it keeps spinning.

Anyone has better idea on that? Either put space between icons or put fake icons that dont function would work for me. Thanks!

not a very elegant solution but just write an empty function...so it wont spin for long time....
[HTML]
protected function youClickedMe():void{}

[/HTML]
0 Kudos
GeorgiannaStrode
New Contributor
thanks for your solution.
I tried the codes below in my blank.mxml file:

<fx:Script>
<![CDATA[
protected function youClickMe():void{}
]]>
</fx:Script>

and added it and tried to compile a swf file. an error occured and no swf file were created.
do you have any idea why that happened?  or do I need to add some other codes in the mxml file?
0 Kudos
GeorgiannaStrode
New Contributor
This works pretty well.

<widget label="" left="4"   bottom="1"
                icon="assets/images/new/blank.gif"
                config="widgets/blank/blank.xml"
                url="widgets/blank/blank.swf"/>

Make "blank.gif" a 1 pixel transparent gif.  "Blank.xml" and "blank.swf" need to exist but not do anything.

The only issue is that if a user clicks this area, it leaves the underbar line there, but that's minor.
0 Kudos