ArcGIS API for Flex 2.5 released December 2, 2011

12-02-2011 08:54 AM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
See what�??s new for API at http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/help/index.html#/What_s_new/017p0000000w000000/ - you might have to wait 15 minutes for the server to show the "2.5" pages...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
KarlMagnusson
New Contributor III
Hi!
Great news, both 2.5 version of the ArcGIS for Flex and Flex 4.6 released during this week. Both with some mobile focus. But could you be more specific on "More spark support for Mobile development"?
Keep up the great work.
/Karl M
Växjö, Sweden
0 Kudos
DanielBaternik
New Contributor III
Well done, we're really excited about to the editing improvements.

Have the samples been updated to use the 2.5 SDK?

Thanks for all your efforts!
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Have the samples been updated to use the 2.5 SDK?

Yes, the online API samples have been re-compiled with the 2.5 API.

Tip: to find out which version an application (or sample) is using, you can right-click on the map component and select "About ArcGIS API for Flex...".
0 Kudos
JustinCure
New Contributor
Does any documentation exist on how to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5?  More specifically, I am new to Flex, but want to learn more.  I have the 2.4 viewer and want to learn how to load it into Eclipse.  I have it setup like Flash Builder, so even instructions on how to import the viewer and api into Flash Builder will probably help.  Any assistance or feedback is welcomed.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

There is a whole separate forum for the Flex Viewer Here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/111-ArcGIS-Viewer-for-Flex

Also the Flex Viewer has dedicated help site as well. Here is a link from the site for developers and how to get started:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/01m3/01m30000001q000000.htm
0 Kudos
guiles78
New Contributor
Hy,

I'm looking for a sample for the new capabilities of clustering : "Flare symbol for clusters shows actual symbol of the individual features."

Can you tel me where I can find one?

Thanks

EDIT : In fact I will ask myself : Based on the existing sample Clustering, you only need to not define default symbol on the FeatureLayer !!! Fantastique!
0 Kudos
GiosiaPoma
New Contributor III
Hi everybody,
I've update my flexproject based on FlexViewer with api 2.5. I've seen that the unit on the scaleBar is disappeared. If I turn back to api 2.4 the unit in the scaleBar is shown. I use the com.esri.ags.skins.ScaleBarMetricSkin .

I've tested also, to start a new flex project with a simple dynamic map and the sclae unit is shown.

Have you a suggestion to find a solution about this problem?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
ShawnKraft
New Contributor III
Okay I have tried to find someone to talk to about Flex API 2.5 and Flashbuilder at ESRI but its been a pain.  I currently run Flex API 2.3 and Flashbuilder 4.  I want to update to the newest version of the Flex API 2.5 and Flashbuilder.  I saw on the 'net a guy who was able to export a release build to and Android device.  Does anyone know about this capability?  Also, I am confused but, do I have run Apache now to use the Flex API?
0 Kudos
LouisOrtiz
New Contributor
Can you tel me where I can find one?

0 Kudos