Batch geocoding several addresses in Arcgis FLEX

01-09-2015 02:59 PM
MiguelPerez1
New Contributor

Hello !!

I'm trying to map several points in the map, all of them are cities, I used the example from the example in ArcGIS Geocode an Address, and I locate it well, but I just can map ONE at a time.

In this section :

public var lugares:Array = new Array("GUADALAJARA", "ECATEPEC"); //Cities from Mexico 
var parameters:AddressToLocationsParameters = new AddressToLocationsParameters(); 
//parameters such as 'SingleLine' are dependent upon the locator service used. 
//parameters.address = { SingleLine: onelineaddress }; 
parameters.addresses = lugares ; // Use outFields to get back extra information 
// The exact fields available depends on the specific locator service used. 
parameters.outFields = [ "Loc_name" ]; 
locator.addressesToLocations(parameters, new AsyncResponder(onResult, onFault)); 

when I changed the instructions to plural parameters.addresses = lugares and locator.addressesToLocations It displays an error that a Token must be added and 499 error code,I added token:Object = null but nothing, that error I googled it and it says that the locator service may have permissions... Does anyone has another link? I can't find it, or another solution to map cities? There is going to be more than 2 cities, (just 4 my test I used 2, but it will be maybe hundreds obtained from DB).

I really need a clue how to start this, cause I already code some things but this requirement is still missing, and I don't now where to start...

FYI

The requirement is, select some filters and make a query in flex ( done) get the information from the Oracle DB (1...n rows) where the row is the city. (done)

Then this array collection somehow map them I don't know if using the locator class, and if it is indeed using the locator class, how do I use it ? or is it another way? And I really want the solution of make a batch geocoding, because iterating the example from arcgis It's really inefficient.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Miguel,

You need to read the documentation.

An ArcGIS Online organizational account is required to use the batch geocoding functionality provided by the World Geocoding Service.

geocodeAddresses—ArcGIS REST API: World Geocoding Service | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos