Flex Sample - Adobe Air error help please

Jump to solution
02-07-2012 01:58 PM
AnN
by
New Contributor
Hello, I am a total newbie. I downloaded the Flex Api along with the samples (arcgis_api_for_flex_2_5). I followed the instructions in the readme, but when running, I get a bunch of errors (one for each mxml).

Adobe AIR application is missing the corresponding ArcGISWebMap-app.xml. ArcGISWebMap.mxml /FlexSample/src Unknown AIR application.xml Problem

The same error for each mxml.
There is only one xml in the project, in which was created when I create the project. The samples only provided mxml files.

Please help. Thank you.

----
This is the instruction in the readme:

=======================
ArcGIS API for Flex 2.5
build date 2011-11-30
=======================

This file contains the ArcGIS Flex API Library (the swc file), skins and sample code.

===============
Getting Started
===============
1. In Adobe Flash Builder, create a new Flex project (File -> New -> Flex project).

2. Copy all the contents of the ArcGIS_Flex\samples\src folder to src folder of the Flex project created above.

3. In Adobe Flash Builder, add the API Library to the project through Project -> Properties -> Flex Build Path -> Library Path -> Add SWC (and locate the "agslib-2.5-2011-11-30.swc")

4. In Adobe Flash Builder, right-click on any of the sample mxml applications and click "Set as Default Application".

5. In Adobe Flash Builder, right-click on any of the sample mxml applications and click "Run Application".
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
When you create the new project in Flash Builder, make sure the "Application type" is "Web" and not "Desktop".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
When you create the new project in Flash Builder, make sure the "Application type" is "Web" and not "Desktop".
0 Kudos
AnN
by
New Contributor
I figured that out after a while. Thanks a lot! 🙂
0 Kudos