Graphics and printing tool 10.1

11-08-2012 12:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: stepanoff

Hi!

I'm using Flex viewer for Flex 3.0 but I think this question is for the API forum.
I have come across a for me puzzling behavior. Graphics added to the map from some of my custom widgets won't show in the generated PDF created by export web map task in AGS 10.1. Other of my custom widgets' graphics do show. All widgets are first written in ArcGIS for Flex 2.3.1 and converted to 3.0. Graphics from the viewer's built-in-widgets all appear in the PDF. I tried to look at my code to see what separates widgets with working graphic-print-capability from the ones who don't work.
Do any of you have some thoughts on this? What should I specifically look for or try changing? The way graphics are added to the graphics layer, properties on the graphics layer, layer order on the map?
The widgets' graphics don't seem to interfere one another. It always works for some widget's graphics and never work for other's. Exporting to other file formats won't help.

Images below are before and after pdf.

Help and/or thoughts on this i appreciated!

/Karl Magnusson, municipality of Växjö, Sweden
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19143[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19144[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ibespalov

Some time ago were written sample app for testing "Export Web Map Task",
with ability to add/remove dynamic layers, hide basemap, with 2 graphics layers.

Maybe it helps you.
Sample - sources
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Karl,

Which widget is exhibiting this issue? I had issue with some of my widgets when the attributes of the graphic contained the graphic as attribute of itself.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: stepanoff

Robert

Three of my custom from-scratch-built-widgets has this issue and three of them don't. The graphics is pretty straight forward I think. QueryTask-->featuerSet-->add the graphic. They even use the same service and symbol. No extra stuff in the graphics but maybe on the widget as a whole. I will really dig into it next week and report my progress. Even if it turns out to be something embarrassingly easy 🙂

kinda off topic, but this is the app I maintain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAqc8AaIt54

/Karl M
Växjö, Sweden
0 Kudos