step by step procedure so that i can easly use it

Thanks & regards
Ismail
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IvanBespalov
Occasional Contributor III
1 - If you download widgets from Code Gallery.
For example:
Roberts search widget has README file: https://github.com/rscheitlin/eSearch/blob/master/README with detailed description "How to install compiled version" and "How to install non compiled version"...

2 - If you play with samples in Viewer
ESRI developers provide us with help pages: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#/Creating_widgets/01m300000010000000/
the most common mistake here:

4 - Compile your widget, like any other Flex module.
In Flash Builder, with the Flex Viewer project open, go to Project > Properties > Flex modules. Click Add, click Browse, then navigate to your new widget .mxml file. Click OK three times.

At what stage you have a bug?
0 Kudos
MohammedIsmail
New Contributor
hi

i have gone through the help and am unable to find the confg.xml in my application project

1. shall i copy from the help
2. Location (where should i place it)

what are the changes should i have to make in that

thanks
0 Kudos
IvanBespalov
Occasional Contributor III
Do not gone through, but read carefully.

Conceptually, a widget is a chunk of code that provides functionality in the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex application. The Viewer application has an extensible widget programming model and supports modular functionality. For example, one widget enables Viewer application end-users to switch between base maps in the map display; a different widget provides functionality to find a location in the map; while another widget provides an overview map for the Viewer.

You never do it for own application.
"Never" means that if you do not have the experience and you do not understand "How it is made" - you can not do that.
"Never" means that if you understand "How it is made" - you do not want to do it. (it is hard work - to dig into someone else's code)
0 Kudos