interpolating cached maps

05-12-2011 08:55 PM
RhysDonoghue
New Contributor
I have a scenario where I need to have two basemaps in different projections.  I have this working ok.  When the user toggles between the two basemaps, an event is fired that gets the extent of the current basemap, reprojects the extent, turns off the visibility of the basemap, turns on the visibility of the new basemap and zooms to the reprojected extent.  The functionality doesn't have to be perfect because we are not expecting users to be regularly switching basemaps.  It is currently working ok but the only issue I have is the two different basemaps have differents LODs.  My colleague showed me that in Silverlight, it doesn't matter if the basemaps have different LODs because Silverlight will interpolate the tiles.  Is there functionality in Flex to do this?  What I want to do is set the LODs to my main basemap and then when the basemap is changed to Bing satellite imagery, I want the Bing imagery to use my main basemap LODs.  Anyone know how to do this?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
The Flex API doesn't have an option to interpolate the tiles, but you can update the map's lods like is done in this sample:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/samples/index.html?sample=agol
0 Kudos