Labels Doubling In Print GPService

Jump to solution
06-10-2013 07:10 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alattin

Hello,

I have been having the problem of labels being doubled when using the standard Esri Print Widget in conjunction with a map template in ArcGIS 10.1. The map template itself is a blank 11x17 Landscape orientation. Basically, when I print at different scales these labels are being doubled toward the center of the document. I have done nothing to the programming of the flex print widget. The Print GPService was created using ArcToolbox "Printing- Export Web Map." I am wondering if this is an issue with the GPService. If anyone could provide a explanation for why this is happening, I would be very grateful. Also I have included a screenshot of the Flex Viewer and the resultant output in the .pdf.

Thank you,
Aaron

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25170[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: imgooch

Actually, yes.  🙂   I just got off the phone with them.  It took them a few hours to look into but I got an answer.

It is apparently a bug that they already have in the system, but there is an easy work-around.  Apparently, the DPI setting in the print widget config needs to be below a certain threshold.  I'm not sure exactly what that number is but it is somewhere below 275 DPI.  I had mine set at 300.  Once I lowered it to 250, the issue went away.

Try it out, Eddie.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: schmedly

Hi Alattin,

I'm having the same issue and also started a thread with the same discussion.  Any layer I try to print will duplicate the labels.  However, in the Flex Web app map the labels are fine.  They are being duplicated when I implement the print task.

Eddie
0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
Have you ever found a solution to this?  I am having the exact same issue (labels duplicating on vertical and horizontal axis in created print).  My next stop will have to be ESRI support....if they even offer support for the flex app.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I've not found or heard of the issue being resolved. 
I'm not sure if it's an ESRI issue or Flex issue, so I guess neither will try to resolve it.

Eddie
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Have either of you gone down the proper path (if nothing comes of forum posts) of calling Tech support about this issue?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually, yes.  🙂   I just got off the phone with them.  It took them a few hours to look into but I got an answer.

It is apparently a bug that they already have in the system, but there is an easy work-around.  Apparently, the DPI setting in the print widget config needs to be below a certain threshold.  I'm not sure exactly what that number is but it is somewhere below 275 DPI.  I had mine set at 300.  Once I lowered it to 250, the issue went away.

Try it out, Eddie.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Did this completely solve the problem or just reduce the amount of duplication?

In my testing there are less duplicates at 250 dpi than at 300 dpi (but the duplication is still there), and the duplication did not appear to go away until around 200 dpi.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is completely gone.  However, I found that I had to go down to 96 dpi and just accept it.  It will probably be fixed at next release.
0 Kudos
eddiequinlan
Occasional Contributor
Eric,

I just received these updates to the forum posts, so no I have not tried out the solution yet.  I will give it a try and keep the forum notified of the outcome.

thanx everybody,
Eddie
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since this issue first appeared, we have upgraded to 10.1.  From my observations, and lack of reports from users this issue seems to be fixed.  I never did change the resolution, but if the issue pops up I'll know where to make the changes.

thanx to all,
Eddie Q.
Okaloosa County
Property Appraiser
GIS Coordinator
0 Kudos