Letter 'C' in right-hand corner of window

Jump to solution
04-04-2013 03:58 AM
SarahBurgin
New Contributor
I've just noticed that my builds using the API 3.1 all have a subtle letter 'C' visible in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. It doesn't seem to have been there with API 2.4 and API 2.5 builds.

Can someone explain what it means please?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sarah, 

Attribution was introduced in version 3.1 of the API.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/Map.html#attributionVisible

The C is likely from on our your layers credits of copyright info.

You can just set the map.attributionVisible = false;

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sarah, 

Attribution was introduced in version 3.1 of the API.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/Map.html#attributionVisible

The C is likely from on our your layers credits of copyright info.

You can just set the map.attributionVisible = false;

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

0 Kudos
SarahBurgin
New Contributor
Wow, thanks for the speedy reply... it has now gone away after making your suggested change!
0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have myself some layers with no attributions but I still get the grey copyright box visible (but empty).
I don't want to disable the whole copyright thing. How can I hide the box when no attribution are setup for the layers ?

BR
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
BR,

The attribution code is built into the API and you do not have access to change it so the only thing you can do is check your active/visible layers and if they do not have a copyright (i.e. an empty string) then turn off the maps attribution.
0 Kudos