Map XY  data from Excel into Flex

Jump to solution
05-28-2012 08:58 PM
ShwetaMorkhandikar
New Contributor
I have the excel file with X Y location, i need to map these dynamically onto Flex API. I am using Flex API 2.5
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
ShwetaM

Attached is a zip file containing both the compiled and uncompiled code. All you should need is an excel file that has a minimum of two columns one holding your x coords and the other your y coords (in the same spatial reference as your base map). All other columns will come across as attributes. In the config xml specify the column names used for your coords and a title field if required.

Place the images under assets in your assets/images folder.

Regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Shweta,

There is an example here but it will require you doing soming coding:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=173870a7926c4ef9b2a5121be0b46211

regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
ShwetaMorkhandikar
New Contributor
Thanks Anthony, I am not a full fledged programmer/developer. So was looking for a compiled version, if possible.
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Shweta,

Sorry I haven't implemented a solution to this problem to date but it is something that I want to do soon. I will post up the solution once I have done the work unless there is someone else out there that has already done this and doesn't mind sharing their compilied/uncompilied code (Zahid if you are reading this!!!).

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
YungKaiChin
Occasional Contributor
I don't know if it will be easier, but you can convert the xls file to cvs, txt, or even xml file.
Then, load it, parse it, and last, loop through them to create point graphics or mappoints.
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
ShwetaM,

Just to keep you up to date, I have just about finished creating a widget that allows you to upload data from an excel spreadsheet. I just need to test it a bit more. Unfortunately I am away from work next week so I will not be able to complete till the week begining the 11th June, hope this is ok.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
ShwetaMorkhandikar
New Contributor
That should be fine, Anthony. Looking forward for the widget. Thanks so much.
0 Kudos
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Hi
I,m looking for this widget. can u help me? my email:anjelinapon@gmail.com
Regards
A.ponker
0 Kudos
ZahidChaudhry
Occasional Contributor III
Shweta,

Sorry I haven't implemented a solution to this problem to date but it is something that I want to do soon. I will post up the solution once I have done the work unless there is someone else out there that has already done this and doesn't mind sharing their compilied/uncompilied code (Zahid if you are reading this!!!).

Regards

Anthony

Anthony,

Let me know if you still needs code for mapping data from XLS. I have a widget working that allow you to upload xls/gpx files and display data on map...
thanks
0 Kudos
ShwetaMorkhandikar
New Contributor
ShwetaM,

Just to keep you up to date, I have just about finished creating a widget that allows you to upload data from an excel spreadsheet. I just need to test it a bit more. Unfortunately I am away from work next week so I will not be able to complete till the week begining the 11th June, hope this is ok.

Regards

Anthony

Anthony,
How's the testing going on?
0 Kudos