MapProgressBar widget  for SFV 2.0

08-03-2010 05:31 AM
ChenJuequan
New Contributor
HI
    I just created a widget that mimics the behavior of MapProgressBar in ArcGIS Server Sliverlight Api. This widget can only be used for SFV 2.0 now. Add this widget to your project and configure it in config.xml just like SFV's OverviewMapWidget.
Something like this:
<widget left="300" bottom="10" config="" url="widgets/MapProgressBar/MapProgressBarWidget.swf"/>

I did not test this widget strictly, and I am sure this widget is not good enough, please give me your feedbacks. Sorry for my poor English.

See attachment.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MLowry
by
Occasional Contributor II
Seems to be working well for me.

Thanks for the code!
0 Kudos
DanielOchoa
Occasional Contributor
Hello - First, let me say that I'm very new to SFV 2.0. Pardon my ignorance. but maybe I can learn how everything works if someone can answer this post.

I see how the OverviewMapWidget is configured under the UI elements:

<widget right="1" bottom="1" config="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.xml" url="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.swf"/>

...as it calls on an XML and a SWF in order to work, but the data in this zip for this tool is an mxml.  How do you impliment this correctly?

I tried this:

<widget left="300" bottom="10" config="widgets/MapProgressBar/MapProgressBarWidget.mxml"/>

...But it didnt work.  Again, I'm very new to this.  Does the mxml have to be converted to a swf?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
ChenJuequan
New Contributor
Hello - First, let me say that I'm very new to SFV 2.0. Pardon my ignorance. but maybe I can learn how everything works if someone can answer this post.

I see how the OverviewMapWidget is configured under the UI elements:

<widget right="1" bottom="1" config="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.xml" url="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.swf"/>

...as it calls on an XML and a SWF in order to work, but the data in this zip for this tool is an mxml.  How do you impliment this correctly?

I tried this:

<widget left="300" bottom="10" config="widgets/MapProgressBar/MapProgressBarWidget.mxml"/>

...But it didnt work.  Again, I'm very new to this.  Does the mxml have to be converted to a swf?

Thanks!

Well, maybe I should have provided the compiled swf file along with the mxml file with source code.  The attachment includes the compiled swf file.
0 Kudos
DanielOchoa
Occasional Contributor
Thanks! Code works great...

Still learning that mxml=swf

~ D
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
Hello, Great widget.  how do I change the barColor?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
MarkHorsell
New Contributor
Hello, Great widget.  how do I change the barColor?

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same problem. I have copied the "mx.skins.halo.ProgressIndeterminateSkin.as" but setting that as my skin class breaks the animation. I know this is more of a flex problem than anything else, but if anyone could post an example that would be great.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mark,

The simple way is to set the chromeColor of the progressBar.
0 Kudos
MikeMartin
New Contributor III
Is there a compiled swf for FlexViewer 2.4?
0 Kudos
RonaldWisner
New Contributor
Hello,
Has anyone developed a progress device (or recompiled this one) for Flex 3.0?

Thanks,
Ron
0 Kudos