Non ESRI RESTful WMTS example?

11-03-2014 07:26 AM
leecollier
New Contributor II

Still struggling with non-ESRI WMTS and the flex API. Does anyone have an example of a non-ESRI WMTS that I can try? Preferably RESTful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried using the WebTiled layer instead?  It usually works better than WMTS as a way to get to a WMTS layer...

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/WMS_WMTS_ArcIMS_WebTiled_and_Bi...

0 Kudos
leecollier
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. Have managed to get it working extending the TiledMapServiceLayer object (?) but this is not the approach we want to take as the eventual aim is to integrate a RESTful non-ESRI WMTS into flex viewer. Have managed fine with an ESRI WMTS is there an issue with non ESRI WMTS and the flex API?

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

No, I'm not aware of any issues with non-Esri WMTS and the Flex API.  I would still recommend using the WebTiledLayer instead.  It is supported in both Javascript and Flex APIs. One benefit is that once you have set up the WebTiledLayer, there is no longer a need for initial metadata queries.  For example, in ArcGIS Online, when you save a WMTS as part of a web map, it actually gets stored as WebTiledLayer.

0 Kudos
leecollier
New Contributor II

Ok have looked at the documentation for WebTiledLayer , in flex viewer it would seem to be not working because it is not Web Mercator the WKID we are using is 27700. Similarly in the API example all the layers are Web Mercator. Starting to go round in circles a bit. My question now seems to be how to add a non Web Mercator, non-ESRI WMTS to a map!

Any help greatly appreciatted

0 Kudos