policy about ArcGIS API Flex

04-26-2012 07:50 AM
meriauxgwen
New Contributor
Hi,
I devellop an application wich use some maps. Before, I used the Google map API Flex but they announced they deprecated their API and it will be unusable soon. So I have to change my API. Yahoo also stop their API Flex. What is the policy of ArcGIS about their API Flex?
I use Flex 3.2. So I have to take ArcGIS API 1.3. Are there still support or evolution about this version of API?

Thanks for your answers.
Gwen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Gwen,

... What is the policy of ArcGIS about their API Flex?

In terms of licensing, please review the Esri License Agreement documentation for specific details.
If you are asking about the future direction/roadmap of the Flex API, please read this blog post,

Some thoughts on the direction of the ArcGIS web mapping APIs (JavaScript, Flex, and Silverlight)

... I use Flex 3.2. So I have to take ArcGIS API 1.3. Are there still support or evolution about this version of API?

Currently, the ArcGIS API for Flex v1.3 release is in "mature support", which means:
- Esri will provide no further patches and hot fixes for products (including Service Packs) that have reached the Mature phase.
- New environments will not be certified for the Mature phase.

When the ArcGIS API for Flex v3.0 is released (very soon, we are currently in PreRelease), the v1.3 release will no longer be supported.

FYI, for details please see the ArcGIS Web Mapping Product Life Cycle documentation.

I strongly recommend you work with the latest ArcGIS API for Flex release.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
meriauxgwen
New Contributor
Thanks for your answers.

If I understand it, if I use Flex 3.2 for my project, soon, I won't have any support for Arcgis API Flex?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Gwen,

If I understand it, if I use Flex 3.2 for my project, soon, I won't have any support for Arcgis API Flex?

Correct. It would be best for you to migrate to a later release.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos