PopUp 2.3.1 Title Display Issue

05-02-2011 11:01 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have noticed something odd about the way the Title displays in PopUp windows which I have only started using as of last Friday, April 29, 2011.  Normally, I think of the "Title" as being the line of text that is shown to the left of the close ("X") button at the top of a window, but I am finding that the content with the tag <title> in my PopUp configuration file is appearing immediately below that, and then has a thin, white line drawn below it to separate this title from the rest of the description found in the PopUp window.

Were that the only issue, then the only damage would be a little wasted space by not using the line at the same level as the close ("X") button to hold the title.  However, anytime I use the Identify widget on a layer for which there is not yet a PopUp configuration, the old style InfoTemplate kicks in.  This tool actually does put the title line in the top space and (here is where it gets to be a problem) that content seems to get locked there and will then continue to display when I stop using the Identify tool and instead just click on another feature for which a PopUp configuration has been defined.  Nothing I do after that, short of reloading the page, will dislodge the old title from the line adjacent to the close button in the PopUp window.

I know the old style InfoTemplate is on its way out, but is it possible for both it and the new PopUp window to be used in the same viewer?  Maybe there is a fundamental clash between them and I need to translate all of the configuration in my Identify widget configuration file into PopUp configurations.

I am pretty new to this, so any help is appreciated!

Don Taylor, City of Ventura, CA
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Don,

I am nearly done with a 2.3.1 version of the Identify Widget that uses popups also and not the old way. I will post here when it is ready to download. PopUps do not use the map.infoWindow.title the way I think they should that is why you are seeing the title below and wasting space in the popup.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I look forward to using the new Identify 2.3.1 widget.  Has ESRI offered any explanation as to why the PopUps do not use the normal title space?  There must be more going on than I can see, because it seems like such an obvious waste of space...not a lot of space, sure, but every little bit helps!

Don Taylor, City of Ventura, CA

Ps. I have been using your Enhanced Search widget for a couple of months now.  I think it is the best!  It certainly had my vote for best widget.  I have even made a few variations of it (using Abode Flash Builder 4) for specific application needs here at the City.  Keep up the great work!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Don,

Version 2.3.1 of the Identify Widget is now released
0 Kudos
BrianMorgan
New Contributor
Robert,

I love your widget and have been putting it to good use in an application I am developing for the botanical garden community.  I would like to find a way to use the same popup I have configured in config.xml with <sublayer id="3" popupconfig="popups/PopUp_Plants_PlantCenter.xml"/>.  Is there a way to easily do this with the uncompiled code, or is this something that you would prefer to do in a future version.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Brian Morgan
Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
0 Kudos